1) Begin by finding a quiet place where you are not likely to be disturbed.
2) Sit quietly and close your eyes. 3) Inhale and exhale normally, but gently bring your awareness to your breathing. Don't try to control or alter your breathing in any conscious way, simply observe.
4) As you observe your breath, you may notice it changing, almost by itself. There may be variations in speed, rhythm, or depth, or your breath may even seem tostop for a moment. Again merely observe all this without trying to cause or influence any changes.
5) You may find your attention drifting away from your breathing now and then. You may think of other things, or you may become aware of noises outside the room. If this occurs, gently return your attention to your breath.
6) If during the meditation you notice that you are focusing on some feeling, mood, or expectation, respond to this as you would to any other thought and gently bring your attention back to your breathing.
7) Practice this meditation technique for 15 mts. At the end of that time, keep your eyes closed and sit easily for 2 to3 mints. Allow yourself to come out of the meditation gradually before opening your eyes and resume activity.
Practice the above twice each day, in the morning and the evening. During the practice of meditation you will have one of 3 experiences.
1, You may feel bored or restless and your mind may fill up with thoughts. This an indication that deep stresses and emotions are being set free in your system. By relaxing and continuing the meditation, you can help to remove these influences from your mind and body.
2, You may fall asleep. If this occurs during meditation, it strongly suggests a need for more rest during other times of the day.
3,You may slip into the gap. When the breath becomes very settled and refined, you may enter the space between thoughts-- beyond sound and beyond breath.
By staying rested, maintaining good health, and devoting a certain amount of time each day to meditation, you can come in touch with the cosmic mind, the voice that whispers to you non verbally, which is always present in the spaces between your thoughts.
This is your unlimited inner intelligence, your true and supreme genius, which in turn reflects the wisdom of the universe. Once you put your trust in this inner wisdom, nothing is beyond your reach.